Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

March Citrus Lane, Ipsy and BirchBox 2013 Subscriptions

These are some of the first boxes I chose to start trying and receiving within a months time. I decided on Citrus Lane(to try out again), Ipsy & Birchbox. Both Ipsy and Birchbox are makeup subscription boxes that send 1-2 full sized items and a couple samples to you every month for a flat $10/month.

I absolutely loved this month of Citrus Lane, my son Reagan was just starting solid foods again since we did not really end up having him start at four months like I was told. This green train spoon pictured above was wonderful and we still use it! It is so adorable and practical. The Little Cremes by Plum he seemed to enjoy as he got better into dissolving things in his mouth but the flavor just seemed very very strong. The penguin wooden toy seemed very age appropriate and he loved playing with it and still does to this day sometimes! Of course the Honest Company Shampoo is awesome. LOVE that company :)

From this Ipsy box I really loved the sample of bigsexyhair "powder Play". It said to kind of just apply to roots on dry hair and it really helped spice up the volume in my dull and flat hair when I woke up. It has a nice powdering smell and the powder does not leave any trace in your hair. My only complaint with it is that it leaves a sort of chalky feel in your hair that only those who touch it notice but chalk bothers me. I don't think I used anything in that Birchbox and the rest of the Ipsy. I cancelled Ipsy twice and Birchbox twice after realizing I am not too big of a fan on makeup subscriptions. I already have tons and tons of makeup as it is and I honestly don't even wear but one or two products A DAY. I also HATE painting my nails and these companies are just sometimes known for sending hundreds of nail polish samples.

I think the second month I got both Ipsy and Birchbox everything was literally Pink colored, which you would not think is so bad for a girl right? WRONG! I hate pink, pink clothes, pink nail polish, pink cars, pink flamingos, pink shoes, pink lipsticks, I could go on for days it is just so bleh to me and I prefer purple. It annoys me that these boxes do not try to take some polls with the customers to perhaps know what and what not to send their subscribers. Then again, it is a mass produced box and the variety between people boxes seem to change sometimes within a calendar month so I can't be too judgmental. Since March and since joining some groups where I see spoilers and talk with hundreds of other subscribers about these boxes, they have seemed to really gained some momentum and started to provide nicer quality products, bigger samples, and more options to their subscribers. 

For my birthday, I think I am going to treat myself to one month of each Ipsy and Birchbox and do a more up-to-date review on these makeup subscriptions to gauge where they are at and where I am at on hip makeup trends. Which leads me to end with... My sons birthday and my birthday are coming up in about 9 days! I am very excited and I still have no plans. It is his very FIRST birthday on this planet and it will be my 22nd birthday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment